The job of an agricultural engineer is to enhance agricultural production by means of better engineering technologies.
The agricultural sector plays a vital role in the economic growth of our country. In this light, the job of an agricultural engineer is to enhance agricultural production by means of better engineering technologies, equipments, methods and inventions. Due to the global trend towards standardization of all agricultural products and equipment, there has been an upsurge in the demand of such professionals. The five main branches of Agricultural engineering are farm equipments, rural structures, soil conservation, drainage, and irrigation and rural electricity.
After the completion of their course, such engineers can begin working as specialists in private consultancies, government and non-government organisations. They can specialize in designing power and machine systems, animal or plant production, environment management or in food and bioprocess. Skilled professionals can opt for research activities and can join IARI. Agricultural engineers can also work in NGOs under various schemes and projects.
Where to study?
- Maharana Pratap University of Agrilcuture & Technology, Udaipur
- Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner
- Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agricluture & Technology, Pantnagar
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
- Kerala Agricultural Univesity, Kerala
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Tamil Nadu
- Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur
- Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Orissa
- Marathwada Agricultural University, Parbhani
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Chhattisgarh
- Birsa Agricultural University, Jharkhand
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Raipur, Madhya Pradesh
- Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Krishi Nagar Adhartal, Jabalpur
- Allahabad Agricultural Institute, Uttar Pradesh
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture & Technology, Uttar Pradesh